Monday, October 26, 2015

Back to work!

Today was my first day back to work. Tyler has been home since the middle of last Tuesday helping out with everything while I was in the hospital and then home trying to recover from having Ethan. I am so grateful he was willing to do that for me. It was definitely a good experience for our family to have to share responsibilities and get used to each other all day long!!;)

I was a little nervous for today thinking it would be a rough day trying to manage Josh, Kate and Ethan but its been fine. I kept my expectations super low. I thoroughly enjoyed getting caught up on the laundry and polishing up leftovers. Josh and Kate did really well and seem like they have suddenly become way more independent. They have been playing fairly peacefully all over the house!!

I am sure once the boys come back on Sunday it will be a different story with having to run kids to school and doctors apts etc. But for now I am feeling pretty confident going forward.

I am surprised at how happy and fulfilled I am with this extra guy at home. I thought I would be overwhelmed and I am sure that's coming but I really did not expect to enjoy having the extra work and added responsibilities that come with more children feel so good.

I think that because Tyler and I are learning to work as a team more I am less overwhelmed and more able to focus on things that really matter to me because we are spreading the workload out between the two of us more than we have in the past.

Tyler is currently at the park with Josh and Kate while I try and wrap up that laundry hopefully I can get it all put away before they get back and we have dinner. AND I am watching the show fixer upper on Netflix.  Good Day!!

Post edit:

While at the park Josh got his elbow dislocated. Tyler felt terrible about it. It took a while to decide what to do. Josh was in quite a bit of pain so we gave him some ibuprofen and called his pediatric PA who also happens to be in our ward and Grants Scout leader--we call him a lot for many reasons.   He tried to walk Tyler through popping it back in and gave us a number for a pediatric quick care that had late hours in Henderson. I remembered a friend of mine (also in our ward) told me her kids have elbows that pop out all the time and that she could help me if it ever happens again. (This was when Kate's popped out)  I called her up and she said she was just about to go Visiting teaching but we could swing by. Tyler ran over and between her and her visiting teaching companion who happens to be a physical therapist they got it to pop back in. I guess there were a lot of tears but once it was back in Josh was as good as new. Tyler got home a little after nine and we had a short quickly thrown together FHE. We listened to Halloween music, read some Halloween stories, lit our Halloween candles and had some ice cream. Then we followed with a bath and some Halloween PJ's that the kids are so super excited about.

No comments: